Both Aalborg Boldspilklub and Aston Villa have confirmed the transfer of Danish striker Nicklas Helenius.

Striker Nicklas Helenius, 22, becomes the second Dane to join Aston Villa this summer as the club completes an estimated £1.2m deal with Aalborg Boldspilklub.

Last season Helenius scored 16 goals in 33 caps in the Danish Superliga and was recognised by UEFA as Danish Superliga player of the season in 2012-13.

Despite the success, the Dane did not expect a transfer to the Premier League this early in his career he admitted to the Aston Villa website:

"I thought that maybe when I was 28 or something I might eventually be able to move to the Premier League having made my mark in Danish football but now I have my chance and I think this is the right club for me with all the other young players in the side who want to do well and achieve something together."

Nicklas Helenius has signed a contract lasting for the next three years.