Follow up: Alexander Juel Andersen - five shot shootout

In relation to last weeks talent profile, Alexander Juel Andersen answers 5 questions from the twelve yard spot.

Who is your idol?

Steven Gerrard, without a doubt. He has had an influence on the world of football the last ten years with his unique play. I see him as a complete player, and he has always been one of the players that I have been following. Especially, when I was younger and positioned as a midfielder. I always looked at his play and tried to interpret some of the things I saw with him in the television. I will presumably never reach his level, but it is good to have someone to look up to.



What is the height of your career so far?

To be Captain in Viborg, is probably my greatest experience.


Where is Alexander Juel Andersen in 10 years?

In ten years, I will be… thirty one. Well, hopefully I have played a couple of years in Premier League and have a great success with what I am doing. I hope to be playing football till I am forty, but it is the fewest who is capable of it. In ten years, I have played some of my best years in the Premier League and will still be playing there.

Who from AC Horsens should the European football clubs keep an eye on?

Martin Spelmann and Martin Retov
When you look for players, you look for players for the future. A player like Martin Spelmann, who is a hot name in Denmark, is playing really well for us and has done so for a while. Another player could be Martin Retov, who has played abroad before. However, you might not see him abroad in the future.

Who is going to win the English Premier League this season?

United [Manchester] is going to take the title. They have tried this before. The table doesn’t lie, and I believe that it is impressing that they can keep playing this good, year after year. I am not a Manchester United fan at all. However, compared to City [Manchester] they don’t have star team, but they keep playing so well together, and off course it is also because of Alex Ferguson.